Sunday 26 June 2016

YOU ARE SOMETIMES LIKE THAT! -Olusa Bamidele Emmanuel

If we involve God full time and at the onset in our ministry,career,businesses,jobs,family life etc,it will take us less efforts to succeed .But if we depend on our strategies and human wisdom,we shall soon become exhausted.Read this following short article from a friend and brother Olusa Bamidele Emmanuel from Nigeria
YOU ARE SOMETIMES LIKE THAT.
Something very funny happened yesterday evening, my children were trying to carry a particular load from one place to another, they were full of zest and being two they felt they could do it all by themselves without involving me, when they discovered they couldn't do it they beckoned on our neighbour's child for support, the three of them tried but to no avail, so when they discovered that it was falling down on them they quickly shouted DADDY, all the while I was sitting somewhere not too far away from them hoping to see how far they could go without asking for my help and I was enjoying their drama but the moment they saw they couldn't go far with it they called on me for help and I did help them without much effort, after helping them they all bursted into laughter and I too joined them in doing so.
As I was considering what the children did, 1. if they had involved me from the beginning, it wouldn't have taken them that far before they accomplished the task. 2. I also thought that it would have been an opportunity for them to learn from me. So as I was pondering on their actions then God spoke to me in a plain language DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE SOMETIMES LIKE THAT ? I was shocked when I heard that, then God continued by saying many times you think you can solve life's problems with your own strength, wisdom and experience without me only to later realized the futility in your efforts then you call on me for help.
It was like I was hit with a heavy object and my heartbeat got increased and immediately I began to ask God for forgiveness.
Are you not sometimes like that, you think you can do it all by yourself forgetting that God is always willing and ready to help. Please and please let's stop depending on ourselves or friends but learn to defend on God's wisdom and strength to solve all life's problems. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment